Thursday, January 24, 2008

"ICICI Bank - Hum Hai Na" : Yes, but why?

Today morning, i visited a ICICI bank counter, and they said, i need to bear the charges of around 225/-.

If you think, the reason could be
1. My cheque is bounced
2. I am borrowing loan from them
3. Non maintenance of minimum balance
4. Any other unusual things.
This is simply because, i wanted to deposit (my own) cash into(my own) personal account.

Deposit and withdrawal are the common (or only) transactions that can happen in a bank. How can they charge for that? They claim that this is to reduce the rush. Wow, what a customer centric action? I only know management which takes action to address the customer needs, but they are doing exactly opposite.

Right now, the procedure is, even if you have cash in your hand to deposit, either you have to pay 225/- (to deposit immediately), or you to deposit it in a cover (which will take 4 hours). I dont know whether it is legal to collect like this.

I remember the advertisement of ICICI bank "Hum Ha Na", If you have money in your account, they are readily available to grab it. People are having their accounts with ICICI not because it is a great bank, but it is better in the worst lot. Indian banking system has to travel a lot, and there is a huge scope for improvement for all the nationalized banks to firmly place their feet.

Till then, I need to be more careful with these banks to save my money .

:->
Take care

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charges are applicable, if the deposits are made in the branch of other city. Refer ROW 8 of the following link http://www.icicibank.com/Pfsuser/icicibank/depositproducts/powerpay/sal_r&f.htm